This program is intended for professionals in competitiveness related work, such as managers and project managers, policy-makers and economists in governmental bodies, responsible for designing and shaping development, innovation and competitiveness policies.
During the week, participants will be able to learn more about competitiveness, with each session focusing on a different aspect. Some of the sessions will present an in-depth study on the foundations of competitiveness for policy development, its pitfalls, as well as practical examples related to policies and evaluation.
Past editions of the Summer School have counted with participants from:
- Multilateral institutions (European Union, Inter-American Development Bank...)
- Central Ministries of Economy and Development Organizations (Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dubai, Estonia, Germany, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Turkey...)
- Regional Development Organizations (Brazil, Burkina Fasso, Catalonia, Denmark, France, Jamaica, Mexico...)
- Academy (France, Mexico, Uganda...)
- Cluster Organizations (Belgium, Italy, Mexico, Sweden)
- Private sector companies (Switzerland, Thailand)
- Consultants (Brazil, Canada, Denmark, Spain)
In order for the exchange of experiences to be enriching, the composition of the class is thought to be diverse within the competitiveness related areas. Therefore, the class discussions are expected to contrast views of people from diverse regions as well as a combining different backgrounds, be it from government, support institutions or universities, either at a national, regional or local level.